Friday, April 8, 2011

4 Weeks



My precious baby girl, somehow 4 weeks have already flown by! I feel like it was just yesterday that they were placing you in my arms for the first time. Your sister has grown so fast, but if it all possible, I think the time seems to be passing even faster this time around. 

You, my dear child, are a little high maintenance. Actually, you probably lean more towards very high maintenance if I'm being completely honest. If you had it your way you would be held 24 hours a day. Not that I can blame you, I'm sure it feels great to be held and snuggled, but see, you have a big sister and sometimes she needs my attention too. And there's the whole silly thing of eating. That's right, sometimes I need to put you down so I can make your sister breakfast or lunch. Or sometimes she needs help washing her hands or with some other task. Or maybe she just needs some snuggles herself. And *gasp*, sometimes mommy just needs a break! I know, you think all of these are unacceptable, but it's the way it has to be. Some day you will understand.

When you were born you were 8 pounds even and when we left the hospital you were only down to 7 pounds 9 ounces. By the time we took you to your first check up a short 2 days later you were already back up to 7 pounds 15 ounces, only 1 ounce away from your birth weight! At our check up last week you were up to 8 pounds 1 ounce. I would have guessed that you were more than that by how heavy you feel now! You are a very healthy girl and the doctor always says you look perfect.

You don't like to nap on your own. If someone is holding you, you pass right out. But lay you down, and you're not having it! You've taken many naps in your swing and bouncy seat, and of course, in the arms of me and daddy. You're a pretty good sleeper at night time. The first time we lay you down for the night can be a bit of struggle. Usually if we have the vibration going in the bassinet it only takes about 10 minutes of fussing before you're snoozing away. Most nights we lay you down about 11-11:30 and you almost always wake up at 3:00 for the first time and then again at 6:00. There was one night where you slept from 12:30-5:30, and that was amazing!!

Despite the fact that you are high maintenance, we all love you so much!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! That first picture is so adorable, I just want to squeeze those cheeks!!

Peyton sounds SO similar to Sawyer. He would only nap if someone was holding him (unfortunately, that's still pretty much the case), he would whine pretty much the second you put him down (crawling has helped with that one), and yet he slept pretty well at night. It's just so hard to get mad when they're that cute!

Mama Smors said...

Nicole- She is beautiful and Bailey is glowing with her new title of "Big Sister!" I hope as Peyton gets a little more laid back in week 5 :) Ivy was kind of like Peyton but once she was in a routine.... maybe at 8 wks.... she was good as gold! You are doing an awesome job and keep blogging- I want to see those pretty little faces!
Have you tried the diapers?? :)

Terri T said...

look at those cheeks!!!! Love the pics :)