Monday, September 29, 2008

A weekend of fevers and shopping

Every fall my family goes to Pigeon Forge for a weekend of shopping, and this was Bailey's first trip down, and she was sick! Thursday night she was running a fever of 101, but was feeling better Friday morning. Then during the day on Friday her temperature started going up again. We just assumed it was due to teething and headed out anyways. We got to our condo Friday night and her fever had gone up to 102. She ended up sleeping in the bed with us that night and woke up at least once every hour!
My aunt Heather and I took her shopping with us on Saturday morning and it was a little difficult. She did not want to be in the stroller, she wanted to be held, and of course only wanted me to hold her. She is getting heavy and I was worn out by the time we finished. She did finally take a nap while we were out and we managed to get a little shopping done.
It wasn't until late Saturday afternoon that she started feeling better. That night, my grandparents watched her so that me and Nick could go shopping for ourselves. When we got back she had fallen asleep on the couch at about 7:00 and never even blinked as Nick moved her to her Pack 'n Play. Actually they said she had fallen asleep standing up holding on to my boppy's legs before they laid her on the couch! I wish they had snapped a picture of that!! She slept until after 7:00 am Sunday morning, and then slept the enitre way home. Yesterday afternoon we noticed a red spotty rash on the side of her face and after her nap it had spread to her cheast and stomach. I called the hospital and talked to the pediatrician on call and he said it sounded like Roseola, which I had when I was young. He said it's a virus and will go away on its own in a couple of days. She is feeling much better, but is still very needy!
She did manage to get some very cute outfits this weekend! She was in desperate need of some new clothes...especially pjs...she is getting so tall everything is too short on her. I couldn't find her any shoes that I liked, so I'm going to keep looking. I tried not to buy her too much because I know with her birthday right around the corner and then Christmas coming up she will be getting much more! Speaking of her birthday, when her dress and hat came in I just had to see what it was going to look like on her...here is a sneak peek of the hat...I just love it!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Poor Bailey! I hope she gets better soon :( Glad you had a good shopping trip! And, I love the hat!