Friday, March 19, 2010

Pepaw and His Animal Friends

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here! Since I was scolded, by someone who shall remain nameless...cough *aunt Brooke* cough, I figured it was time to get back on here.

Last weekend I took Bailey out to my dad's house to visit for a while. Now, for those of you that don't know my dad, he is an animal lover. Seriously, I think he would have one of every animal if he could. His love is farming, even though he also works at a factory. He lives on 5 acres in Scott County but has a 30 something acre farm out in Stamping Ground.

Bailey and I picked up a pizza to take over there to have some lunch with him and my step-mom. They couldn't believe how she was digging into her pizza! She may be little, but she loves her food!

My dad asked her if she would like to have a baby bunny. She nonchalently said "yeah" and went back to eating her pizza. I knew she really had no idea what that meant because she had never seen a real live bunny. After we finished eating lunch my dad went out into the garage and came back with two baby bunnies. They were soooo cute! And I couldn't get over how calm they were. They never once squirmed or anything while we were holding them. Bailey loved them. And the best part about the bunnies? They stay at Pepaw's house :)




We asked her what she wanted to name them, and her first response was "Bunny". After I explained to her that they each needed a different name so we could tell them apart, she pointed at them one at a time and said "This one and that one." Well, I guess those are different names! We decided we would wait a few more weeks until we can determine the sex of the bunnies and we'll try this naming thing all over again.

Once we put the bunnies back in their home we made a trip out to the farm to see the "baby cows". I think my dad said he had about 40 cows, and best I can remember, nearly 16 of them were babies. Bailey loved looking at them and mooing at them. We also had our first sight of Bob. Bob is a miniature pony that my dad bought last year for Bailey and my nephew to share. Bob was pretty darn cute, even though he had his winter fur and was a little shaggy looking. He didn't really want anything to do with us since we didn't bring any food for him, but I can't blame him. That's a pony after my own heart! I can't wait until it warms up and he can let her try to ride Bob...that should be interesting.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

"This one" and "that one" huh? Well I've heard a lot worse. I think those would be really funny names and always provide for a good story! The farm sounds like tons of fun and I'm not sure I'd ever get Colin away.