Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Miss Crafty Pants

My girl Bailey L-O-V-E-S crafts! Whether it's coloring, painting or making something, she just loves it. I try to find new fun crafty things that we can do together to flex her artistic muscles. I found this idea a while back and just kept forgetting to buy food coloring. After finally picking some up at the store on Sunday, I knew we'd be doing this on my next work at home day.

After we got back from buying school supplies (does anyone else feel like they live at Wal-Mart??) I set up everything we would need. Bailey was so excited about the food coloring, it reminded her of coloring eggs at Easter.
This craft was great because there was little instruction and very easy for her to do by herself.

Essentially, make a design on card stock with the glue and then cover the glue with salt.


Using a dropper, place a small drop of the colored water on the salt covered glue, and watch the color spread throughout the design!



It was a really neat project and Bailey really enjoyed it. Not to mention cheap and very easy!



1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a beautiful picture big girl!!