Monday, September 19, 2011

What To Do?

I have a problem. See all these clothes?

And these?

And these?


These are all clothes that either Peyton has outgrown or that were Baileys and Peyton never got the chance to wear because the seasons were quite different when they were born. So what's the problem?

Nick and I have had several conversations about whether or not we'll be having another child. And when I say conversations, it's more like...

Me - Are you 100% certain you don't want anymore kids?
Nick - Yes.
Me - But you might change your mind?!
Nick - No.

End of conversation. And there are some days that I think two is a perfect number, any more and I might pull my hair out! But then I'll think back to moments like these

Bailey being held by one of our friends in the hospital

One last kiss for Peyton while she was in my belly

Nick holding Peyton for the first time

Bailey holding Peyton for the first time



and I know I still want one more baby.

So the problem with the clothes, is that I know I should get rid of them, since all indications point to the fact that we will not be having any more kids, but I'm having a hard time parting with them. I feel like giving them away is essentially the same thing as waving the white flag. Ok, I give up. We're not having more kids, end of story. But I don't know that I'm ready to give up the "fight" just yet. Even though I can say things like all indications point to the fact that we will not be having any more kids, doesn't mean I'm ready to stop pleading my case.

These clothes are all still sitting in Peyton's room right now, waiting for their fate. To be passed on to a new home and little girl? To be held onto on the off chance that this crazy woman can convince her husband that they should have one more child? I just don't know what to do.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I knew that's where that post was going! I wish I had the answer for you. You definitely made me realize I did the right thing by getting rid of all of the boys' clothes though. You made me realize I was 99.9% sure I was happy with 2. Good luck.