Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Fun (and menu)

This weekend has definitely made me even more ready for Spring!!
Saturday I threw a bridal shower for my friend Brooke, who is getting married on the 28th! I think it went really well, and she said she had a great time, which is all that matters. Two of the women at the shower had their girls with them (around 4 years old) and Bailey had such a good time playing with them! She was so tired when everyone left that she took a 2 hour nap :) Of course I forgot to take any pictures, so hopefully Brittany will post the ones she took so I can steal a couple!
Sunday, Nick's select soccer team that he coaches had their first game. Me and Bailey went out to watch, even though it was extremely windy!! She had a good time. It takes her a while to warm up to new locations, so she sat next to me for most of the game, but by the end she was taking off everywhere! We took her soccer ball so she could play with it during the game, but she really enjoyed watching the kids behind us play with theirs. She did kick hers a little. Nick taught her to do this during one of the many snow days, and he was so proud! I know he hopes that she loves soccer.
We also found the dress that Bailey is going to wear to Brooke's wedding. It's a little long on her (all they had was 2T), but it is soooo cute!

And since you never know what kind of weather we could be having at the end of March, she's got her little sweater to keep warm. I can't wait to see her dancing at the reception :)

So, this week's menu is by no means exciting or inspiring. I guess neither of us were very creative when we were making it out.

Sunday - last night we had grilled hamburgers, scalloped potatoes and green beans.

Monday - Hamburger Helper (yay for boxed meals every now and then!)

Tuesday - Chicken Parmesan and homemade garlic cheese bread and salad

Wednesday - Spaghetti (and left over bread and salad!)

Thursday - Chicken Fajitas and rice

Friday - Grilled salmon with orange habanero sauce (finally found somewhere in Georgetown to get a habanero!), steamed broccoli and baked potatoes

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I like how you eat boxed meals every now and then....hehe that is my main staple!

Danielle said...

You mentioned that Baily took a 2-hour nap, is that uncommon for her? I think she and Colin are relatively close in age and being a first time mom, I'm always trying to figure things out. Colin's nap routine seems to be changing and I just wondered if this was the time for that to start happening or if it was something else, maybe teeth. My friend and I chalk everything up to TEETH!

Nicole said...

She usually sleeps about 1-1.5 hours each nap. She's still taking a morning nap, usually around 10:30, and an afternoon nap, usually around 3:00. So 2 hours is longer than she usually sleeps for 1 nap. I thought she was in the transition down to 1 nap a day, but then she started back on the 2 a day. What is Colin's nap schedule like now?