Thursday, May 14, 2009

How Have 19 Months Gone By?!

I can't believe Bailey is now 19 months old!! The 9 months of my pregnancy felt like they took forever, but these past 19 months have absolutely flown by! We had Bailey's check up yesterday and she's still a very healthy little girl. I wish I had taken a picture of her frumpy face she was making for the doctor. She makes the funniest faces, but this is one of my favorites. I call her Frumpy Fran when she does this face. Her eyebrows scowl together and she purses her lips out...it's very comical. She got 3 nasty shots but was ok by the time we left the office. She got to watch TWO episodes of Blues Clues last night since she had to get shots :) Here are some updates...

* She's now 32" tall and weighs 24 pounds.

* I have a feeling that's we've hit the terrible 2's about 5 months too soon! Sometimes this child has more attitude than I know what to do with! But then she can also be the sweetest little girl ever. She loves to snuggle on the couch with me and we'll play the "night night" game. We cover up with the blanket, both say night night and then she pretends to snore. And then when I open my eyes she just laughs!

* "No" is still one of her favorite words unfortunately, but she also likes to say "Otay". One of my new favorite phrases is "I don't know"...I can't figure out how to type what it really sounds like she's saying, but it's so cute. She puts her hands out, shrugs her shoulders when she says it :)

* I taught her how to give Eskimo kisses a couple of weeks ago and she loved them...she called them nose kisses.

* Coloring is probably her favorite thing to do, besides being outside. And when she's outside she like to look for bugs. She squats down and says "Hi bug".

* She is obsessed with Blue's Clues!!! She'll bring me the remote asking for it. We really try to limit the amount of TV she watches, but if the television is on, she thinks it should be on Blue's Clues.

* She's getting more hesitant about trying new foods now. She'll look at it, say "No" and give it back to you. If she doesn't want to eat it, she doesn't even want it on her plate! She's also getting a little lazy about eating her veggies lately.

It's kind of crazy to think about, but me and Nick had originally talked about starting to try for baby #2 when Bailey was turning 2...which would be REALLY soon...but I think those plans have been postponed for a little bit. With me trying to get my real estate business going, it would be hard to be out of commission for a few months. And with Nick just starting his masters that would be hard too. I can't make up my mind if I'm upset about this or not. On one hand, I miss having a little baby around the house, and I don't want the kids to be too far apart age wise. But on the other hand, I don't know if I would even be ready to take that time and attention from Bailey yet. I guess we'll know when the time is right!

2 comments:

Mama Smors said...

our baby plans are on hold as well... i have mixed emotions just like you!! i know i will be ready when the time comes but for now i am going to enjoy ivy in her sweet times and have enough energy to deal with the attitude when it arises!!
happy belated mother's day!

Brooke said...

I am with you on the mixed baby emotions... I am ready one day and not the next... I guess our philosophy now is "just see what happens". I'm so glad you guys are doing well! She's getting so big!