Sunday, October 24, 2010

Good Eats, Good Signing, Good Times

While Nick may not appreciate my trashy TV shows and I can't stand to watch sports, we both love watching just about any type of TV show dealing with food. One of our favorite shows to watch is Good Eats with Alton Brown. He's entertaining to watch, you always learn something and his recipes are good. We were both excited to find out he would be traveling to Lexington to do a book signing at Joseph Beth's for his new book and we were determined to go.

He did a q&a before the signing that lasted about an hour. By the time we got there all the seats were taken and the room was packed. We found a spot against the wall and squeezed in and strained to see and hear Alton. I did not enjoy this part nearly as much as I would have liked to, but it was so loud and our spot happened to be right in front of the doors where anyone coming and going needed to go. However, when I could pay attention and hear, he was very funny!

                                     

Once the book signing started they went in order of line pass letter, we were letter F. We headed over to the kids section and just sat down and read book after book to keep Bailey entertained. She did so well!! We ended up being there for about 3 1/2 hours and she only got a little whiny once, and that was during the q&a. Because she was so good she got to pick out a new Veggie Tales book...which we've read EVERY night since...that was a week ago!

Our line pass had said that no posed photography was allowed, but he said upfront that you could take pictures and that he would sign anything you wanted signed. He was very nice and personable and he made you feel like you weren't just being pushed through the line.

If you watch his show, you've probably seen the new diet he went on, and let me tell you what, he is tiny! I couldn't believe how skinny he was! And yes Danielle, I thought he looked much older in person too.


 Nick and Alton discussing their favorite bourbons.

  


Jerrill and baby Claire joined us for the q&a part. She did really well too!
 
 This was right before she finally gave up the fight and passed out on daddy.


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Funny, I was just watching him last night and I just couldn't get over how aged he looked. It seems like it's just happened in the last year. He didn't look that way in your pictures though. I didn't realize he was on a diet. He's definitely lost the weight!

Way to go Bailey! That's the big reason I didn't go because I knew Colin would be a mess.