Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas in (mostly) Photos

Just when I was doing so good about getting caught up on my posts, Christmas comes along and gets me all off track! We had a great Christmas here at the Maxwell House. It was, as always, too fast and too busy, but I think we managed to enjoy it as much as possible. I think I'll save my words on this post and share mostly photos...with a few descriptions, because I just can't be that quiet.




We always do snack foods on Christmas Eve, and this year we ordered pizza. I hope this is a new tradition, because it made things so easy! I didn't have to worry about making any chili or soups and clean up was a cinch. Which is nice since I make Christmas lunch the next day.

My step dad and nephew.

My grandparents, who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this year. Isn't my boppy cute?

A little introduction to the next two photos. You know how sometimes you're just taking photos and don't realize what you're capturing? Well, my husband is the king of this. When he's in charge of photo taking I know there will be at least 100 photos of whatever the occasion is. He just shoots everything. So when I asked him if he noticed what was going on in the next two photos, he said he had no idea. It's a progression of sorts. Are they each just scratching their noses?


Nope, that's just full blown picking! Apparently I was quite oblivious too, since I was sitting right next to them and didn't see it either.

The sugar cookies just waiting on the kids to decorate them for Santa. This was a new sugar cookie recipe that I tried and I give it 5 stars! I'm not usually a big sugar cookie fan because they're usually too sweet and I don't like them thin and crispy. These were fat, soft, very mild flavored cookies. I ran out of time to make the frosting the recipe suggested, I think that would have made these perfect!


Making our reindeer food. All the kids got to make a small batch to take home to sprinkle on their yards for the reindeer.

Sprinkling our reindeer food on the snow. Also, can I mention how much I love our new camera?! It was about 8:00 pm and very dark when this picture was taken!

A very tired girl after a long Christmas Eve.

Jackson on Christmas morning looking for Bailey. He was ready to open presents!

I love this picture! Nick captured Bailey just as she saw all the goodies that Santa left for her under the tree. And I was capturing it on my new Flip camera, which is pretty darn cool too.


Making sure Santa ate her cookies.

I think she was almost as excited about this big sucker in her stocking as she was about all of her toys combined!

Jackson enjoying one of his gifts from Santa.

Shew...that was a lot of photos! But yet, once again, there's not a photo of the three of us!!! Oh well, maybe next year I'll remember to get one of the FOUR of us. I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That first picture of Bailey is beautiful! And the one Nick caught with her expression is priceless!

I'm with you on the pizza idea. I make a big breakfast that morning and usually have no desire to cook anything for dinner. Pizza is a good option.

What kind of camera did you get?