Monday, October 10, 2011

For Bailey

Dear Bailey,

You are now my big 4 year old. I still can't quite believe it. You are growing up so fast! It seems like every time I blink my eyes you have grown a little more. While it makes me sad to think about the fact that you're such a big girl now, I am so very proud of the little lady you are becoming.

You have such good manners. You are always very polite and kind to others. You amaze me at how well you share. You are always wanting to share something with me and daddy, whether it's a toy or your food, you give freely. You're getting better at sharing with your sister too. But it's really the fact that she chews on everything and gets slobber everywhere that stops you from wanting to share with her.

I never know what you're going to say next. You make us laugh all the time. You are so funny and witty and you can make Peyton laugh like no one else can. I can tell that you really love her, and that warms my heart. I hope you all continue to grow closer and closer as you both grow up.

You like to be independent at times and want to do everything by yourself. But then there are times when you just really need me, and I love that. Every night before you go to sleep, you and I snuggle under your blankets. It's just me and you, and we talk about whatever is on your mind. Sometimes you have serious questions about school and how to make friends, and other times we just tell silly jokes and make each other laugh. This time with you is so precious. When it's time for you to go to sleep we have a little ritual that you came up with that we have to do every night. After I give you a kiss, we  have to kiss noses, eyes, forehead, cheeks, chins and then lips again, followed by a big hug. Then I tuck you in "snug as a bug in a rug" or "snugs bugs" if you're feeling silly.

You are my princess. I am more amazed by you every single day. You are smart, caring, funny and you wear your heart on your sleeve. I feel so blessed to be your mother. I know I will make mistakes along the way, but always know that everything I do, I do for you and your sister. You all are my heart, my soul, my everything. I love you Bailey Grace. Happy 4th birthday!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I went to comment on the video and it's gone. I was just going to say that I love hearing her precious little voice and how she puts her finger up to her mouth when she's thinking of an answer. Happy Birthday, Bailey!!