Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sisters

Some people are blessed with sisters from their parents, and some of us are blessed to have found friends that we can call sisters.

One of my dear friends is dealing with the loss of her brother. It seems unfair and unreal. He was only 22 years old. He had served and survived two tours overseas, but passed away in his home after an outpatient surgery last week. He had two children and another baby on the way. As all tragedies do, this makes you stop and think about what is really important in life. As we've all come together to try and help our friend through this awful time, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have these amazing women in my life. These women are my sisters.




There have been weddings











There have been babies











With more on the way



We've had fun together







We love each other's children as if they were our own









I love these women. I am forever grateful that God put each of them in my life. I couldn't ask for better friends, and my girls couldn't ask for better aunts. I believe there are certain things in life that a woman must have, and amazing friends are at the top of the list.




2 comments:

Danielle said...

So true. I can't imagine what your friend is dealing with. It seems so unfair but I know it's part of His plan. I will say a little prayer for his family.

Shana said...

Thank you so much for this :) As I said earlier, I'll be forever thankful for the path that lead me to each one of you. I'm so glad that we can all come together to help love and support Britt through this time...