Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend

For the past few years me and Nick have pretty much stopped celebrating Valentine's Day. It really had more to do with watching our budget than anything else. We'll still go out to eat or something, but that's about it. I had a walk through to do and houses to show that afternoon, and then we ended up ordering pizza and just having a family night. It was great! After Bailey went to bed we did make some chocolate covered strawberries (yummy!) and had some wine. It was a wonderful evening!! Sunday was another great and relaxing day. We played with Bailey all day and Nick made us a wonderful meal: grilled salmon with an orange jalapeno sauce, steamed broccoli & baked potatoes...for those of you that don't know me this is a big step for me, eating both fish AND broccoli!!! :) We also worked with Bailey on her words a lot this weekend, and it really paid off. By Sunday evening she managed to string a few words together! I got her to say "Beach please"...I'm dying to go on vacation this year!!!! And this morning when we were leaving the house she said "Dog bye", which is a little backwards, but she's getting the idea of it :)

4 comments:

Terri T said...

the cutest thing? "dog bye"....so adorable!

Brittany said...

I'm jealous of your Sunday night dinner.

Brooke said...

How cute :)

Danielle said...

I'm just impressed that your 15-month old is already putting words together!
Way to go getting your husband to prepare dinner for you. That's a truly special night!