Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nicole - 1, Kroger - 0

As I've mentioned before, I'm becoming quite the coupon/sale addict! Yes, I do have one of the coupon binders now; no, I don't take it to the store with me...yet. :) I did so well at my last trip that I felt like I needed to share.

I've been working on my stockpile, and that's what this trip was mainly for.

While I was there I also had to pick up some chicken for dinner, a head of garlic and some bread to make my garlic cheesy bread. Here's the breakdown:

6 boxes of cereal

5 boxes of granola bars

4 boxes of Macaroni Grill boxed dinners

2 boxes of Au Gratin potatoes

1 can of corn

2 packages of Simply Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies

1 loaf of bread

1 head of garlic

1 package of chicken tenderloins

Total spent before coupons/sales: $75.05

Total out of pocket: $23.87, over 68% savings!

And each of the Cheerios's boxes came with a $1.50 off Pull-Ups, which is what we use at night now, so even better!

That's like spending about $1 on each of the items!!! This was by far the best trip yet, and we're stocked up on some of our expensive boxed items for a VERY long time!!! And, on a side note, the new Simply Pillsbury cookies are really good. I love finding convenient food that actually tastes homemade. And these cookies taste really, really close to homemade ones!

No comments: