Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Every year I feel like a major sap. With the beginning of each new year I can't help but feel like the slate has been wiped clean and it's a chance for a brand new start. I have romantic visions of how I'm going to change my life and start doing things I've been putting off. This year is no different. I've spent the last few days thinking about what I want to change/accomplish/figure out this year, and here's what I've come up with.


**1. First and foremost, I want us to find a church. We talk about this every week or so, and then come Sunday morning, we're lazy bums and don't feel like getting ready. I really want to find a place where we feel comfortable and enjoy going.

**2. Get organized! I am a piler. There I said it. It feels good to get that out in the open. What's a piler, you might ask? If I don't know where to put something, I make a pile for it. Doesn't seem like a bad idea in theory, but when you find yourself surrounded by piles, it gets a little overwhelming! I want to figure out a system to have things in a proper place, so when I need something I don't have to go searching through a million piles to find it! Also under the Organization catergory comes putting things back in their proper place. Nick and I are both bad about just setting something down in the living room/play room/kitchen, etc. instead of taking the extra 2 minutes it would have taken to put it back where it goes.

**3. Lead a healthier life style. Typically, my lone new year's resolution would be something like, Lose 15 pounds. But this year I want to go beyond mere numbers. Honestly, my weight doesn't bother me. Sure, I used to be a lot thinner, but I wasn't any happier then. No, I don't care about what the scale says or what number is on my pants. I want to feel better about myself and just tone up some. Tonight marks my first night on my way to achieving this goal. Tonight I will be re-joining Jazzercise. I've done this before in the past and absolutely loved it. I'm very excited/anxious/nervous about tonight! I've made a deal with myself. I'm the type of person that needs some external motivation when it comes to working out. When I went shopping the day after Christmas I found the most beautiful pair of shoes. They wanted to come home with me. They were begging. Please take us home. We would look so good on your feet. We won't take up much room in your closet and we promise to play nice with the other shoes. I stood there, listening to their pleas and decided they would be my reward. If I go 2 months without missing a day of Jazzercise (and at least one night of using the Wii Active a week), these beauties will become a member of the Maxwell household.




Because I love food, I'm not putting myself on a diet this year. Besides, if I tell myself I can't have something, I'll just end up having two! My plan is to just watch my portion sizes and try to introduce more variety into our meals.

Also in the Healthier Living, watch less TV. I can't help it. I can get hooked on just about any TV series!

**4. Find *ME*. Sounds crazy, right? I just really want to figure out, career wise, what I want to do with my life. I've discussed this issue before, and, it's true, I really enjoy real estate. But I've finally figured out what it is that I don't like about it. I like knowing that when I'm at home I don't have to think about work. I want something that I can leave at the front door on Friday afternoon and not think about until Monday morning. And real estate aint it. In fact, it's during the evenings and weekends that Realtors are the busiest. I'm not saying I have to find something that I'm going to do for the rest of my life, and I'm not even saying that I'll be making a career change any time soon. I just want to figure out what it is that I want to do.

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Here's to a clean slate.


No comments: