Saturday, January 30, 2010

Preparing for the Battle

Bread. I love it. It loves my thighs. We have a love, hate relationship. That doesn't stop my fascination with it though.



For a while now, I've been wanting to start experimenting with homemade bread but have been a little intimated. All the kneading, rising, shaping, I didn't know if I was up to the challenge. This week I finally decided it was time to throw my apron into the ring and take on bread baking, once and for all. After scouring many different recipes, I finally decided on which bread I would make first.

The challenger? Honey wheat bread. I'm looking forward to the battle and hoping to come out victorious. Only time will tell.

While I go to prepare for my first time in the ring with this yeasty beast, I'll leave you with some cookbooks I was drooling over last night while browsing Barnes and Nobles.




Maybe after I get a few victories under my belt I will reward myself with one of these beautiful cookbooks. Until then, I hope you'll check back under the Recipes section of my blog to see the outcome of:

 Nicole vs. Bread

No comments: