Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cinderella the Turkey

Meet Cinderella the turkey.



Bailey and I had a little fun the other night and made our first Thanksgiving craft. It was a very simple craft made out of her little hand prints and foot prints. After gluing everything together (side not here: DON'T BUY GENERIC GLUE! I didn't think there would be a difference, but trust me on this one, spend the extra dollar and get the real stuff...it was like using slightly sticky water!) I decided we should write what Bailey was thankful for on the feathers.

I asked her to tell me what made her happy that she was thankful for. She sat at the kitchen table in deep thought for a few seconds before replying. The very first thing she told me she was thankful for? Her family.

Wow. From a three year old. I had to give her a big hug and kiss right then and there. I was so proud and awed that she already has an understanding for the importance of family.

After that the list included: doggies, eating, Halloween stuff, riding ponies (which reminds me, I still need to do a post with her riding her pony Bob!) and trying new stuff.



We had such a good time making the little turkey together and it was great listening to her tell me what she was thankful for. I know I am definitely thankful for her! So now Cinderella the turkey is living on her bedroom door where she can see it every day.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Cinderella is just dazzling :) Cute idea!

Mama Smors said...

i am loving cinderella the turkey!!!