Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Doctor's Visit

I just got back from Bailey's check up...there were no shots this time, so this should have been an easy visit...the first bad sign was that we were going at nap time. She had woken up at about 1:00 from her afternoon nap and her appointment was at 4:00. Then when we got in there, the air conditioner was broken, so it was burning up!! They call us back and she gets measured...no problem...then we go to weigh her, and she freaked out! We tried letting her sit on the scale, then we tried laying her down...nothing worked. She was tired and hot and she couldn't figure out why mommy kept putting her down in front of this woman she didn't know! So the nurse had me pick her up so she could reset the scale and...she started peeing on me! I pulled her away and managed not to get too much on me. So we start again and it was not any better. She has me pick her up again to try and calm her down and she pees all over me AGAIN! And this time she got me good!! Once we finally got her weighed she was fine. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in she was giving herself kisses in the mirror...it was so sweet! And before we had even made it home she had fallen asleep...and I only live about 5 minutes from the doctors :)
Since her 6 month check up she had grown almost 3 inches, she is now 29.5 inches tall; and she had gained 2 pounds and is now 19 lbs 13.8 ounces. She is very tall, she is in the 95% for her height! Dr. Riebel said she was a very healthy girl!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Nicole,
Your doctor visit is one to remember! How funny! I cannot believe how big she is :) She is so much taller than Ella. Ella is a shrimp I guess!
Brooke