Monday, January 19, 2009

Babysitter

Last night was a first for me and Nick. We were going to my friend Brittany's house for her birthday party and we actually hired a babysitter for the evening! Before, we've always had family or friends watch her when we've gone out. Well, our friends were going to be at the party, and I don't like to ask my parents to watch her on the weekends since my mom keeps her during the week while we're working. So we decided to ask one of Nick's students to babysit for us. She's a really sweet girl and she babysits on a regular visit. I was nervous about it though! And I wasn't the only one...my mom had some reservations about it...when I had told Brooke she said "I'm just not so sure about this..." and when Justin asked who was keeping her and we told him he said, "I don't like this. My mom's home and we can take her over there." Now, to clarify, these people are friends of ours! It's so great that Bailey has so many people that love and care for her! One of the people at the party made the comment that it seemed like Bailey had 5 sets of parents :) Well, everything went great! I had Nick call at 8:15 to make sure she had gone to bed ok. That was really my main concern, that she wouldn't want to go to sleep with someone new laying her down for bed. When we got home I asked Georgia how it went and she said she actually had to keep Bailey awake until 8! Apparently at about 6:30 she wanted to sit with Georgia on the couch, then they laid down together on the couch and Bailey fell asleep on her! Seriously, my daughter NEVER does this anymore! So, being the good babysitter she is, Georgia knew to keep her awake until her bedtime, or otherwise it would have been a very early morning for mommy and daddy :) We will definitely call on her services again...however, family is free :)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

awww--- so how did it turn out?

Nicole said...

I kind of left the story hanging didn't I :) Guess I'll finish that up...

Ashley said...

glad it went well!

Terri T said...

im sure you're happy it went so well!!