Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Look Back

Today is mine and Nick's 3 year wedding anniversary! As promised (and I know you probably lost sleep waiting on this!), here is a look back down memory lane.
A little history - Nick and I first met in elementary school. He was in 4th grade and I was in 3rd and our classes were held in the same room. One day he gave me a note and told me to go the bathroom to read it, it said "I licke you", spelling never has been his strong point! :) After elementary school we didn't see each other until high school. My freshman year we had a class together. We hit it off right away and he was my best friend. We would get in trouble all the time for flirting in class. He wanted to be more, I wanted to be friends. We did end up dating for about 2 weeks before I broke up with him. For the next 2 years I was quite a snot. I would tell him that I was starting to like him, and then I would change my mind. What can I say, I was a dumb high schooler. As crazy as it sounds, I knew I would end up marrying him, I just wasn't ready to date him then. Then, during my junior year it was like I finally woke up and I knew I was ready to be with him, however, he had grown tired of waiting and was dating someone else. That lasted a month or so, and a few weeks after they broke up we started dating. The rest, is history!
This was my freshman prom (From - pronounced like prom but with an F). I had another date for the evening and he had come with a friend of his, but we ended up spending the entire evening together. It wasn't long after this that we dated for the first time.
This was Nick's senior prom. And here's my senior prom. Oh to have that body back!!
Here we are paddle boating at Jacobson park.
This was the summer before my freshman year of college. I had a lady take pictures of us at the Japanese garden...he was not excited, but put on a good face.

This was taken in Siesta Key, Florida. We went there for two spring breaks while in college. I'm guessing this one was from my sophomore year. This is seriously the best beach I've ever been to!

And our wedding day...

And then less than a year and a half after our wedding day our lives were changed forever...

Happy anniversary honey! Here's to three wonderful years and a lifetime more to come!

4 comments:

Terri T said...

happy anniversary! don't you love being able to document your journey together? CONGRATS!

Mama Smors said...

Happy Anniversary!! I think it is the coolest thing to be married to my high school sweetheart, and I love knowing other couples like that :)

Brooke said...

Congrats Nicole! You guys are so cute :) I love all your pictures.. you have inspired me to do something similar come August :)

Ashley said...

so cute! Congrats! We were three years as well!