Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One Happy Kiddo

 Tonight Bailey and I were just a couple of single ladies fending for ourselves. I had planned on making this fabulous new recipe I found the other night. Then I started fighting with the company that I mentioned in an earlier post and by the time that was over I just didn't have any energy left. I decided to call up a friend and her and her son met us for dinner. 

We went to Cracker Barrel and as we were waiting to be seated Bailey was in awe of all the candy surrounding her. It was so funny to watch as she just seemed to be drawn to each different piece of candy. Every one she walked by she decided she wanted. Since we're such sugar nazis, I decided to be a "cool mom" tonight. I told her as long as she was good and ate her dinner she could have some candy when we left.

As usual, she was really good while we ate and finished all of her dinner. When it came to leave she had not forgotten my promise. She rushed once again to the candy and poured over her options like a...well, like a kid in a candy store surrounded by confectionary delights. After playing with all the candy filled containers with battery operated toys attached, she wound up in front of the suckers.


Of course, if you've been to Cracker Barrel, you know their suckers are monsterous slabs of sugar. Not wanting to go back on my word though, I let her get one, with the disclaimer that she could only have a little bit of it tonight. She seemed ok with that, so we headed home so she could unwrap her treat.

My friend told me I was brave. I don't know. Crazy might be a better description. All I know is, Bailey was one happy kiddo!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Colin did the same thing the last time we were at Cracker Barrel. I wasn't quite as nice as you though but I did let him stand there and look and play both before and after dinner. They certainly know what they're doing put them there by the registers!

The kids' minds are like steel traps aren't they? They don't forget a thing!