Friday, February 26, 2010

Three Years Ago Today

It's now been three years ago today that I found out I was pregnant. It's hard to believe it's been that long, since in a way it seems like it was only yesterday. I've written about that day before, and it's one I will never forget. Finding out that you have a life growing inside of you is an amazing feeling, and in our case, it was also a big surprise!

It's amazing how much our lives have changed since we became parents. I don't think anyone can truly fathom the changes ahead when they're expecting. While Nick and I have always had a good relationship, I can honestly say things have only gotten better since Bailey came into our lives. It's the like the love you have for another just multiplies once you have this little baby that is part of each of you. You have this little person that you're responsible for and you know that each of you are going to have to work together, even when you don't want to, to make sure that you're doing a good job.

It's hard to even think about what we did before we were parents. I know it involved being able to stay up later than 10:00 and being able to sleep in past 7:30, but other than that, it seems like it was a different life altogether.

Being a parent is the hardest, most challenging job I've ever had; but it's also the most rewarding and fulfilling.

I love you Bailey Grace!


No comments: