Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Writing is on the Wall

Only in this case, it wasn't writing that I found on the wall.

Sunday afternoon when Bailey woke from her nap, I went into her room and asked her if she wanted mommy to snuggle in bed with her for a little bit before she got up. She quickly said yes and scooted over to try and make room for me in her tiny bed. While I was trying to fit myself in beside her, I saw something on the wall behind her bed. I was looking through the slats of the bed trying to figure out what it was. Then, I figured it out.

"Bailey Grace Maxwell. What is that on your wall?"

She turns around and looks, as if she didn't already know what I was talking about.

"Those are my boogas mommy." She said it like it was no big deal, like, Duh! mom, what else would it be?!

"Why are there boogers on your wall?"

"Because I had boogas in my nose, I picked them and I had to wipe them somewhere."

Well, at least it was logical to her why she would choose to wipe her nose excrements on the wall. I guess at least she didn't do this again!

Nick and I later asked her if we were to put tissues in her room, would she get up to wipe them on there, instead of the wall. After taking a while to process the idea of that, she reluctantly said yes...we'll see if it works.

Geesh, I feel like I talk about boogers a lot on here. But so goes the life of a mom with a toddler I suppose.