Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Belated Thanksgiving

I feel like I've been a blogging fool today! But I've been a little behind and have been trying to catch up! We had a great Thanksgiving. Thursday we went to my step-dad's parents house for lunch and Bailey had a good time playing with her cousin. Friday night we had my family over to our house. It was a blast! We had great food and then most of the family played Apples to Apples after dinner. I was exhausted from the cooking and cleaning up, so I hung out on the couch with my step-dad and Bailey and we read books and played with her toys. Of course, I forgot to take any pictures :( Bailey LOVED all the food! And I must say that I think I made my best apple pie yet! I try a new recipe every time I make it, but I think I'm going to stick with this one...for now anyway :) The real reason for this post is to say what I am thankful for. Last night I was in a "feeling sorry for myself" kind of mood thinking about how it seems we can never get ahead, and how I'm having a hard time finding my next client to work with, and how I'm so ready to move, and on an on! So I realized I needed to remind myself of all the things I have to be thankful for! (In no particular order) 1. Nick! On the 18th of this month me and Nick will have been together for 8 years! He is such a loving and thoughtful man and I know I sometimes take him for granted. The school recently did a canned food drive for the Amen house and his classes raised 1937 food items! I was very proud of him! And last night when I was down in the dumps he offered to try and find a second job...even though between teaching, coaching, parenting and starting his Masters in January there's no room for anything else, the offer was very appreciated! He cooks just as much (if not more!) than I do, and for the most part helps keep the house clean :) I love him more every day (even on the days he's driving my crazy!) 2. Bailey. I don't even know how to put into words the ways she changed my life. I love everything about her. She can make me smile with the silliest things! I love that she is a mommy's girl! Each day she seems to learn something new and she is growing up so fast! Her love is so pure and it just reminds me that that's how we should all love one another. With no strings attached, just true love. 3. Family. Over the last few years my family has grown closer and closer...I think all the babies will do that to you! I was an only grandchild for 16 years, so there were no babies for a long time! And now there's my two cousins (Anna-6 and Jacob-8), my nephew Quentin who is 2 1/2 and Bailey! I am especially thankful for my mom. We have always been close. She is my best friend and I can talk to her about any and everything. She watches both Bailey and my nephew, and it is such a blessing. Knowing that we don't have to worry about the cost of daycare or about how Bailey is being treated when we're away from her is such a piece of mind. While I want so bad to be able to stay home with her myself, this is definitely the next best thing! Recently my mom has also decided to get her CNA license. She is now working at Dover Manor (a local nursing home) 3 nights a week. And she is talking about going back to school to get her nursing degree. I am so proud of her! 4. Friends. We have such an amazing group of friends, who are all considered Bailey's aunts and uncles. When she was born they were all there in the waiting room...and I can remember when they wheeled Bailey out I could hear them all "ooh"ing and "aw"ing over her! 5. Having what I need. While I may not have everything I want...we do have everything that we need. I am ready for a bigger house with more room around us, but we do have a good house. We are able to afford it...and with the foreclosures I've seen lately I am very thankful for this! We never go hungry (which you could tell by looking at me and Nick :) ) 6. A good job. I seriously may have the best boss ever! I feel like her and her family have adopted me. I am a part of their real estate team, and when they talk about the future of the business I am always included. On Wednesday she gave me a $100 bill and a big hug and told me to enjoy Black Friday shopping! I tried to give it back to her, and she said we had had a good month and she wanted to share with me, and that every woman deserved a little mad money :) And while I am always looking for my next client, I have to remember that I did sell a house not even a month after activating my license and that I have two out of town clients lined up who are moving here in the spring. 7. God. Me and Nick have not been going to church (reasons which I won't go into here), but we are looking at where we want to start going. We both like a smaller more traditional church atmosphere. I definitely want Bailey raised in the church and for her to know the loving grace of God. For these, and so many other things, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love all the new pics :) Your tree is beautiful and so is Bailey! We should get together again soon. My mom was talking about how Ella and Bailey seem like they are a lot alike :)