Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week I'm thankful for...
1. My mixer! I've had this stand mixer for almost 5 years now but have just really begun to appreciate in the last 2 years. Nick had promised his students a free day for winning the canned food drive and I told him I would bake cookies for the kids. So last night me and my mixer whipped up enough cookie dough to make over 150 cookies, which I'll be baking tonight. It's great to be able to dump the ingredients in and work on the next step while it's busy mixing away. While this may be the plain Jane of stand mixers, I'm very thankful for it!
2. Cookbooks. I LOVE cookbooks! In my dream kitchen I would love to have an area built into my cabinets to display all my cookbooks. I especially like dessert cookbooks...mainly because I like desserts so much :) I own this book and recommend it to any cookie lover.

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

Yummy!!! I probably would love cookbooks and mixers more if I liked to cook... haha :) Maybe in my next life!