Monday, December 21, 2009

A Trip to See Santa

We have been talking to Bailey about Santa Claus non-stop since about the beginning of December. I wanted so much to have her actually take her picture with him this year with no tears involved. She loves hearing about Santa, talking about him, watching movies with Santa in it. I thought we were a shoe in. She kept telling me, "I go see Santa, and sit on his wap, and tell him 'bout presents."

We decided to go to Lexington Green this year, and I am so glad we did! They definitely earned my Santa picture business from here on out. First, they offer appointments. So if we had shown up and there had been a long line, we would have been moved to the front. However, when we got there, there was no one else in line at all, which worked out perfectly. Bailey was excited to see Santa, until we got close to him. There were no tears involved like last year, she just wanted me to hold her and she didn't want to look at him. He was by far the cutest Santa I've ever seen. A real, cute old man with a real beard...I loved it! He got up from his chair and walked around a little, trying to give Bailey a little room to get comfortable. We tried to get her to sit on Santa's chair by herself, but she insisted on mommy being with her. So in the end she's on my lap and Santa was behind us. Everyone there was so great and understanding, which is the other reason I'll be returning there next year. Oh, and they give you all sorts of coupons when you pay for your picture.




After we took our picture, Santa came around and talked to Bailey about what reindeer eat and what we could leave for them Christmas night. When I told her that Santa knew Rudolph, her eyes got really big and she just looked at him with amazement...my girl loves her some Rudolph!



2 comments:

Danielle said...

Success...sort of. I'm just glad she was excited about it and didn't freak out. All our preplanning worked out! If we hadn't done breakfast with Santa, I was planning on going to Lex Green too. I'm glad to hear it's nice and no wait!!

Ashley said...

What a cute Santa! We didn't go see Santa this year, but that seems like the place to go when we do!