Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving



What a great Thanksgiving!! This year Nick and I went down to Jackson, Tennessee to see his dad for Thanksgiving. Bailey only sees this side of the family a couple of times a year, so it always takes her a little while to warm up to everyone, but she had a great time!! She calls Nick's dad (standing behind me and Nick) Papa Bear, and it's the sweetest thing. And she is officially in love with her Uncle Bryce (in the camo overalls). Her uncle that is only 11...or maybe 12...I'm bad with remembering ages!! She followed him around everywhere and would cry if he left to go play with his friends. He was so good with her and all the other little ones that were there too, I was amazed!!

It was great to see everyone, especially Nick's cousins. They are so much fun and we hardly ever get to spend any time with them. Thanksgiving night we all played Bunco, which was a first for me, and I loved it! There was also a lot of wine involved. A LOT!








Ah, I miss those girls already!!




Here's Nick's Mimi with the babies! Let me take a second to brag about Kaylen (left in the picture). She is such a smart little girl! She is 5 months older than Bailey, which makes her right at 2 1/2 years old. She can go the bathroom all by herself!! No help from anyone. I was totally amazed! She's also potty trained during the night. That's right. She wakes up, goes to the bathroom and goes back to bed. Can't wait for that day!! But I'm not holding my breath.

And baby Allie (not really sure how they spell her name!), what a good and happy baby!! I got to hold her quite a bit Friday before we left and it felt so good to hold a baby again! I was nervous about how Bailey would handle it but she didn't care at all, she just kept saying "She so cute mommy." Then Allie got a hand full of Bailey's hair, but Bailey just said "It's ok mommy, she jus' a baby." My ovaries were officially doing flips by this point!

We had a great trip and I'm so glad we made the 5 hour drive down to see everyone.

Hope all of you (you know, the 3 people that read this thing!) had a great Thanksgiving as well and were able to spend quality time with your loved ones!!


No comments: